Protecting Your Home Against Wildfires
The All Things Wildfire podcast is about protecting your home and family from wildfires through a combination of fire prevention and protection methods. We are your hosts: Tim Bauer, O.P. Almaraz, Stewart Barrios, and Dana Almaraz. We’ll share our experiences and why we are excited to be part of this show.
In this intro episode, we give you a quick preview of what we have for you in future episodes. We will talk about some of our upcoming expert guests and our goal to educate the public about fire protection. We’re also going to share some methods that can be used to protect against wildfires, new technology, and the best time to start protecting your home.
- [00:57] OP is excited about the launch of this show. He experienced the Blue Ridge Fire in December of 2020 first hand and now understands what our customers go through. He had been in the disaster restoration business for over 28 years, but this was the first time he experienced the uncertainty and anxiety of being evacuated by a wildfire.
- [03:25] He knew that homeowners needed to be able to set their properties up to combat disasters and the risk of wildfire.
- [04:16] Every year more and more homeowners are affected by wildfires worldwide.
- [05:03] Stewart Barrios is the General Manager for Allied Restoration which is a disaster restoration company. He’s responsible for the client experience from start to finish.
- [06:20] This podcast is designed to bring awareness and education around the industry. We are going to have interesting guests from fire fighters to insurance professionals.
- [07:20] We are also going to talk about issues with getting fire insurance.
- [07:53] Dana has been with Allied Restoration for five years. She works in admin, HR, accounting, and compliance. She’s excited about working with people like Rich Snyder who is a lead expert on wildfire prevention and education.
- [10:08] April has been a firefighter and paramedic for years. She provides a wealth of knowledge about wildfire prevention and protection.
- [10:50] Rich used to spray the Rose Bowl with long-term fire retardant. It’s exciting to be part of protecting historical areas around Los Angeles.
- [12:04] We’ll be talking about solutions that technology provides in the battle against wildfires such as long-term fire retardant.
- [13:20] We can create a custom solution for homeowners to make your house more safe.
- [13:49] One of the things we look at is zero to five foot clearance around the house.
- [15:22] Then we dive into other assessments from windows to trees.
- [17:57] The type of red fire retardant that planes spray during wildfires is now available in a clear spray.
- [21:02] Don’t wait for the fire season to start before you harden your home.
- [23:01] Homeowners can partner with insurance companies to manage fire risk.
- [26:30] Having fire protection can give you and your family security. We have power to prevent the damage done by fires.
- [27:27] The best time to get started is today. We aren’t powerless against wildfires.
Thank you for joining us on the journey of fighting wildfires. We understand that we are in a constant battle with mother nature and things seem hopeless when we have to evacuate, leave our homes and not know what we will come back to.
On our podcast, we bring experts to educate homeowners, communities, and businesses on what they can do against wildfires. Our team consists of wildfire prevention specialists, retired fire captains, and fire marshals.
If you’re trying to get educated, find a solution to the wildfires, and do everything you can for your property then you have arrived at the right place!